Monday, December 29, 2014

My EDM Top Ten - Part 3

6. Seven Lions - Worlds Apart EP
 I think I can say honestly say that this EP was up there with this year's best. It really is beautiful, otherworldly listening. Listening to the EP in order you begin somewhere on terrestrial ground with 'Don't Leave' but over the next three songs especially, you are emotionally catapulted into the sheer joy of the stars. No single track was given anything but total attention during production and you can feel how he [Seven Lions] really has given his all to each song: I must also applaud Kerli's efforts on 'World's Apart' and 'Keep It Close' her vocals are so haunting, so unadulterated. The two artists are so celestial in their work here that I really do feel humbled each time I see the titles. It will be a very long time before this EP will be matched, but it has already earned an eternal place in my mind at least.
https://soundcloud.com/seven-lions/sets/seven-lions-worlds-apart-ep


5. The Glitch Mob - Love Death Immortality
If you've just read my post for Seven Lions at no.6, you must be wondering why he's so far away from the number One spot on my list, but then again, I cannot tell you how much The Mob have rocked my world over the past year. The LA-based trio announced their second album maybe this time last year with a February release. I could not contain my excitement. Days on end I could listen to nothing but 'Drink The Sea' (Their debut (outstanding) album) and their second album demolished every expectation I could have had. They used this album as a space to court with their darkness, dance with their wild natures and to really explore the depth and breadth of the sound they are still so greatly unchallenged in.
And this is how I felt BEFORE I went to see them in concert. They blew my mind. I stood with hundreds of other fans, reveling in raw emotion. It was the first time I had ever felt so much with so few words involved. It really was the best night of my life.

I even did a backflip in the final drop of the last song of the night. If something like that doesn't make you feel as if you've taken on a starship with your bare hands and won, I really don't think that anything will.

This video was taken from that show in London, which at the time was the greatest event I had ever been to live! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SoQWTFJ_k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Blog DirectoryBlog DirectoryMusic blogBlogrollCenter.Com