Sunday, December 28, 2014

My EDM Top Ten

Day 2 of my countdown. Here are my next two standouts from the world of EDM over 2014.

8. Techno Music
  I feel as though I was completely in the dark with techno sounds before this year. It was something I had never encountered
consciously, I probably imagined it to be nothing more than mid tempo basslines and overly predictable drum synths.
AND THEN I FOUND THE LIGHT.
Techno music (once I found it) has been a blast to listen to. It can have the effect of being dunked in a bucket of ice-cold coffee (its effect can be somewhat milder.) It gets you awake, gets your mind going. It just might get more of you out of before 11am if you're brave enough.
Check out the link below. If AM138 catches your fancy you can find a 2hour long mix that they made for IMFMag for your techo trial-by-fire..

https://soundcloud.com/am-138/towk


7. Witch House & Chilled Trap
  My number seven is another genre for you to overwhelm your senses with. If you're reading this, then Trap music, (and perhaps Chilled Trap) is something you've most likely come across before. The trusty 808s so firmly underpin those crisp, sincere vocals and melodies, and I'm still unable to find anyone who honestly dislikes this 'power peaceful' sound. Witch House on the other hand might best be described as the Demon cousin of the 'power peaceful,' the order is less predictable, the upper layers are a bit more distorted, the entire thing has been dipped into liquid chaos and it emerges with a form that provokes both awe and terror. It's something that I will be paying special attention to over the next year.

https://soundcloud.com/blvck-ceiling/death

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Blog DirectoryBlog DirectoryMusic blogBlogrollCenter.Com