Saturday, December 27, 2014

My EDM Top Ten

Now a couple days ago, my buddy Jeremiah asked me to list my favourite ten electronic songs from this year for him. It's a question we all ask each other as December slips away from us and January looms ever closer, and this year may well have been my best year to date for being involved with the music I love, even when I've only been a fan (I'll probably say this every time.) But instead of limiting the list to songs (that would require a heart wrenching amount of compromise) I'm going to list everything from new artist discoveries to live events that I was a part of over the last year.

I'll be posting two pegs from my top ten each day until the New Years' Day, so stick around and enjoy the ride.

10. Liquid Drum & Bass
 
  Now Liquid drum & bass has always been something I've loved, but somewhere over the course of the last three years the genre has taken a massive backseat for me. It wasn't until Liquicity announced their first London gig that I reconnected with my first electronic love. If liquid drum & bass isn't something you've encountered much then hit the link below, and give yourself an hour to dream away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKHmwmEGFqI


9. Orkidea - Unity (Orion & J. Shore Remix)

 Now, simply put. This song blew my mind. It is everything a song of this genre should be, it's calm and soothing and riveting all at the same time. Somewhere along the 8 minute long melody it holds the power to restore me to a peaceful place, always. I do believe this mix was finished long before 2014 began to be fair but it earns a place on my list regardless.
The final version of this song isn't actually up on Youtube, but earlier edits of are available for you to enjoy. The full version won't cost you much so do buy a download if you like what you hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi8daLYlmMI


Written by @Jiffursaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Blog DirectoryBlog DirectoryMusic blogBlogrollCenter.Com