Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My EDM Top Ten - Part 4

4. Crywolf.
When it comes to my favourite new artist discovery of the year, Crywolf is absolutely, absolutely no. 1. I don't think any of his work this year can be discredited on any level, his work this year on the Angels EP and his collaborative works with Ianborg on the Runaway EP set new standards in their field. It's an incredible feat for an artist (or artists) to be so exposed through their work - I feel as though I can listen to Ribcage and see every intimate moment that led to it's creation, but I don't think anyone else does this nearly the same way he does, I feel it's made for me and for me alone, it's that closeness that wins him a spot on my list.
https://soundcloud.com/crywolf/sets/crywolf-ianborg-runaway-ep-1

3. Inspected Launch Event
On a completely different end of the spectrum, The Inspected Launch was such an eruptive, exhilarating experience. It was literally a completely free gig organised by the good people over at the Inspected label in honour of their pop-up store in Shoreditch, London. I traveled there with a good friend of mine, I met some of the producers I've longed to see live for years and then got to hear them play. Incredible.
I have so much respect for all of those who played that day, including XKore, Gemini, Asa & Sorrow, but it was Culprate's set that stole the show. It's still the single best live set I've ever heard.
Here's some footage from the event, it's not the best quality, but then live shows really can't be relived through video footage. But do enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPlFStVznc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Blog DirectoryBlog DirectoryMusic blogBlogrollCenter.Com