Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My EDM Top Ten - Part 5

It's finally New Year's Eve and I wish you all the best entry into the new year, but before we get there I want to share what I think has been the greatest elements of the electronic world this year. 

2. Arkasia.
 Okay, I simply cannot express how talented this man is. He changes the game with EVERY release. January saw the release of the Impact EP, which featured Orbit - the mammoth second single which I can promise, will still drive as much emotion in ten years as it does now. His Electronic Symphony album released in May, continued to perpetuate his mastery of the genre. Listening to it in succession will always give me the greatest buzz, even with four albums with Heavy Artillery Records he still finds a way to bring something original to the floor. In my eyes he really is the best, and 2015 promises to be another big year for him. The preview of the title track from his next album, Ethereality, is now out on his soundcloud. Watch this space.
https://soundcloud.com/arkasiaconcept/ethereality-beta-preview


1. Kannibalen Records
 This position really must go without saying, if you've been aware of Kannibalen over the last twelve months then you have undoubtedly been supplied with the most diverse, most daring and sometimes the most downright terrifying songs to have been produced. ever. They have all been at it and they as a team have all been reaching heights that I don't believe have ever been seen before in this corner of the electronic world. They are quickly becoming an international name with international artists, and genre encompassing releases. I can't fault them; Black Tiger Sex Machine, Apashe, Dabin, Dead Battery, Karluv Klub, ALL OF THEM have raised the bar for themselves this year and have done so time after time, a round of applause is long overdue for these guys, but they appear to love what they do so much that the fame slips into less important matters.
It is Kai Wachi however who tops them all in my opinion, no single producer has made me fear for my sanity as much as he. Really, I don't know what fuels his menace, I think that'll be a secret left secret. However, for this year at least he really is number ONE.

Happy new year everyone, all the best for 2015!
https://soundcloud.com/kannibalenrecords
https://soundcloud.com/edm/kai-wachi-o-n-e-edmcom-premiere
Written by @Jiffursaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Blog DirectoryBlog DirectoryMusic blogBlogrollCenter.Com